Howland Jones Ltd is a friendly, professional company, dedicated to providing a first class service to our Tenants. Your custom is very important to us. As purely professional Letting Agents, we appreciate the importance in all aspects of renting a property being dealt with promptly and efficiently.
We offer a flexible service, to allow for the restraints you may have to work within. If your schedule does not allow you to view properties during working hours, Landlord and resident Tenant permitting, we will endeavour to accompany you to view outside these hours. If you are visiting the area to view properties, we are happy to arrange hotel accommodation for you, and can also offer a collection service from your hotel to the property to be viewed.
Periodically we survey our existing Tenants to ensure our services continue to meet their requirements. Client satisfaction is vital to our success, so we are constantly adding to the range of services we can provide.
Our Fee Structure
When you wish us to reserve a property for you, we will require a holding fee, an administration fee and a referencing fee per adult tenant and guarantor. On the day you take up occupancy in the property, we will require one months rent in advance. All further rents will be due on set dates and will be paid by standing order to our account. NB. All monies due prior to moving in must be paid in cleared funds. We accept bankers drafts, building society counter cheques or debit cards. Please note, we are unable to accept credit card payments for deposits and we do not accept personal cheques or cash payments.
When you find your next home with us, we will make the following charges (please note, all prices quoted are inclusive of VAT where relevant):
Before Move In
- Application (per application) £180.00
- Obtain tenant references £60.00 per adult tenant
- Obtain guarantor references £60.00 per adult guarantor
- UK company let referencing (per application) £150.00
- International company let referencing (per application) POA
- Pet deposit (per animal) £100.00
- Holding fee (usually £100.00 more than the rent)
- Change move date £30.00
- Tenant liability insurance POA
If you are already a tenant of ours, you will receive a 10% loyalty discount on our fees.
During your Tenancy
- Renewal of tenancy agreement fee (fixed term) £54.00 (if paid within 21 days)
- Renewal of tenancy agreement fee (periodic) £54.00 (if paid within 21 days)
- Lost agreement replacement £30.00
- Additional tenant (per person and if part way through tenancy)
- Pre Closing Inspection advisory visit £54.00
- Closing Inspection (tenant's share) £50.00
- Second Closing Inspection appointment (if required) £54.00
- Re-marketing (with agreement from the landlord) £420.00
- Breach of the tenancy agreement letter £30.00
- Payment dishonoured or returned by the bank £24.00
- Missed appointment £36.00
- Late rent charge calculated at a daily rate of 3% above Bank of England Base Rate
- Late payment of rent letter £30.00
- Rescinded tenant notice (only with the landlords agreement) £162.00
After the Tenancy
- Discount on Application & Referencing fees for renting next property with us 10%
- Returned rent due to non cancellation of standing order £24.00
- Provide Landlord's reference within 12 months of date of tenancy closing - Free of charge
- Provide Landlord's reference beyond 12 months of date of tenancy closing £30.00
What isn't included in the rent
All rents quoted are exclusive of council tax, water rates, electricity, gas, telephone, and any other utility charges, unless otherwise stated, and of course your own living costs.
We hope that the information we have provided above is of interest and some use to you. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and provide any advice that you may need. Our Tenants can look forward to receiving a quality of individual service you would expect from a friendly, well managed, professional company, with family values. When deciding where to rent and which Letting Agent to use, it is important that you are aware of a number of points, and we have endeavoured to provide this information in our Tenant's guide.
Call us today to discuss our list of available properties on 01530 271313, 01827 65558 or 01455 842188, or contact us through our enquiry form.
"I have nothing but positive feedback and to date have been massively impressed with the service being provided by the team at HJ, excellent communication and concise timely information provided. During my search in recent weeks, this company have been the stand out Agency to date and am hopeful to use services moving forward. Keep up the good work! With thanks!"